Important Information Regarding COVID-19
Dear Valued Patients,
We want to thank all of you for being so patient and supportive during this trying time for all of us. We are all eager to get back to helping our patients. Because your safety is paramount, we have taken extra measure over the past month, in order to be compliant with all the new regulations put forth by the regulating agencies. As you walk in you will notice a few changes in and around the office.
As you may know, at Healthy Smiles Dental Care, we have always held ourselves to the highest standard of care. This is even truer during this pandemic. We will continue with our existing universal precautions but also add in the more recent CDC-OSHA guidelines with regards to addressing COVID-19. The underlying premise behind these changes is to create a safer environment by minimizing the risk, while reducing the time the patient spends in the office. The measures are two-fold:
1. PERSONAL PROTECTIVE MEASURE
- Online/email pre-registration – through our website or via email to minimize the time a patient is in the office.
- Tele-dentistry – for some consultation and follow-up appointments to minimize the number of visits.
- Consultation & Treatment – in the same appointment, to avoid the need for a second visit.
- Social distancing – of 6 feet is still in effect. We are limited to only 8 people in the office at one time.
- Waiting in your car – We are asking all patients to stay in their car upon arriving onsite. You will then call the main office number (408-226-6683) and answer a few questions before coming into the office.
- Facial covering – Per CDC requirements every person entering a dental office will need to have facial covering. If at the time of arrival you do not have one, we will provide one for you.
- Temperature readings – Everyone, patients, staff and doctor’s temperatures will be taken on a daily basis using a touch-less thermometer, upon entering the office.
- Hand hygiene – will be required upon entering the office via hand sanitizers or traditional hand washing with soap and water.
- Hydrogen Peroxide – each patient will be asked to rinse with an anti-viral hydrogen peroxide solution before their examination.
- Only the patients – will be allowed in the office. (Exceptions: minors and elderly, one additional adult person will be allowed in the office.
2. ENGINEERING CONTROLS:
- Frequent disinfection of common area and high contact surfaces.
- EPA certified – Medical grade anti-viral products proven effective against the Human Coronavirus
- Extra-oral high volume suction machine as an added measure to remove aerosols
- Air purifiers using HEPA + UVC light for disinfection of the air throughout the office
- Plexiglas barriers at the check-in and check-out desks
- Full PPE gear with N95 masks and isolation gowns
- Face shields and masks for all front staff personal
- Contact-less forms of payment
As, always if you have any questions, please feel free to contact our office for more information. We are here to help you and your family get back to normal.
Your Healthy Smiles Dental Care team
Please view and share our latest COVID-19 Symptom Comparison Chart with your friends and family.
For further information, including measures to keep yourself healthy, visit the following links:
- Prevention: View CDC Guidelines
- Symptoms: View Information from the CDC
- Steps When Sick: View the Steps